Poker Bonuses Explained
There are several types of bonuses offered by poker sites. They usually split in 2 major categories:
- No deposit: You receive this bonus when you sign up, without depositing any money into your account.
- Deposit: You must deposit some amount of money into your account in order to receive your bonus.
Bonuses differ from site to site, and new promotions may appear at any time. Some of the common bonuses include:
- Free money: You simply receive a certain amount of money and can start playing. For example, you can receive up to $88 free bonus money when you register at 888poker.
- Tournament tickets: Instead of free money, you receive free tickets to play in poker tournaments, where you can win actual money.
- Match bonus: Usually requires a deposit. You can deposit a certain amount and receive an additional percentage of that money to your account as bonus. For instance, both Black Chip Poker and America’s Cardroom give you a 100% bonus, up to $2000. So if you deposit $150, you get another $150 to play with.
- VIP Bonus: Some poker rooms, such as Everygame, are known for giving free tickets and money bonuses to their regular players. The more you play, the more gifts you receive from them!
How to Choose Which Poker Room Is the Best for You?
There is a fierce competition between online poker rooms. All of them want you as their player. How can you decide which one deserves your registration?
In the past, security and software were the deciding factors. Today, almost every poker room has an excellent and secure gaming platform. Which is why you should focus on other factors.
- Availability in your country: Does the poker room accept players from your country? In the list above, I mention some of the countries. Naturally, these poker rooms are available for many additional countries, and it’s up to you to ensure that the room is accessible to you.
- Deposit and withdrawal methods: Make sure that their banking methods are convenient for you. Avoid the situation in which you register, win a tournament, and only then find out you can’t withdraw the winnings to your bank or online wallet.
- Bonuses: Naturally, it all comes down to bonuses. See that their bonuses suit you. Usually a 100% match and free money are the most preferred bonuses for online poker players.